Rochester Police Beat June 2018
- On June 3rd, a stop was initiated resulting in Bruce Berner of Springfield receiving a citation for allegedly driving while license suspended. A passenger in the vehicle with a valid driver’s license was able to drive the vehicle from the scene.
- On June 4th, an officer responded to a disturbance on Lexington between a father and son. The father had disciplined the son by taking away his cell phone. The son retaliated by kicking objects in the residence causing significant damage. The parents also were concerned because their son has been smoking in the residence. Possible solutions were discussed with the parents.
- During a traffic stop on June 5th, Meaka Knight of Jacksonville received citations for allegedly driving while licenses suspended, for operating an uninsured motor vehicle and for violating the child passenger protection act. The vehicle had four occupants in it and only three seats. The child passenger protection act ensures juveniles over the age of 8 and younger than 16 must be equipped with proper safety belts. The child was not in a seatbelt. Also during the stop, it was discovered one of the passengers, Tristen Stephenson of Jacksonville, was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear while driving on a suspended driver’s license. Tristen was arrested and transported to Sangamon County Jail. The officer transported the other 3 occupants into Springfield to meet their ride to Jacksonville.
- Eric Lohse of Rochester was cited for allegedly driving while license suspended on June 7th. Valid driver’s came to the scene to pick up Lohse and his vehicle.
- An officer took a criminal damage report on Oak Hill rd on June 8th. It appeared a vehicle had hit the caller’s mailbox and left the scene. The mailbox had separated into several pieces that were lying across the driveway. A piece of a headlight and tire tracks were discovered on the scene.
- On June 10th, an officer was dispatched to check on the welfare of an individual. The caller stated she was receiving suicidal messages from her ex-boyfriend after she kicked him out of her residence. The officer was able to locate the individual who stated he sent those texts out of anger. Through out the interaction, the individual did not exhibit any behaviors or indicate in anyway that he was a threat to himself or anyone else.
- On June 4th and June 11th reports were filed with the Sangamon County States Attorney office against Dalton Felber of Rochester for the alleged violation of orders of protection.
- Dalton Felber of Rochester was issued a citation for allegedly driving while license suspended on June 13th.
- A parent contacted the police department on June 15th, when it was discovered her juvenile daughter was sending inappropriate pictures of herself through social media. The incident is under investigation.
- An officer responded to a residence on Water Street to take a harassing phone call report on June 15th. The complainant stated her ex’s mother keeps calling and leaving voicemails telling her to leave her son and the family alone. The ex’s mother denied placing the phone calls stating she was asleep. Both parties agreed they want nothing to do with the other party. Shortly after the ex’s mother called her again. The complainant was advised on how to obtain orders of protection.
- Pepper Randle of Springfield was cited for allegedly driving while license suspended on June 16th. Randle was also arrested on Sangamon County warrant and transported to the Sangamon County Jail. A valid driver picked up the vehicle from the scene.
- On June 20th, Randy Spengler of Edinburg was cited for allegedly driving while license suspended. A valid driver drove from the scene.
- Gregory Miller of Rochester was cited for allegedly driving while license suspended on June 22nd. A passenger with a valid license drove from the scene.
- On June 22nd, officers were notified of an identity theft from a resident of Camelot. The individual had a Verizon account opened using her full name, date of birth, and social security number. Verizon absolved her of any debt owed. A report has been generated.
- On June 23rd, a resident reported her baby gate valued at $80 was taken out of her yard. There is no suspect information at this time. A report has been generated.
- After initiating a stop on a vehicle for an expired registration, it was discovered the driver had a suspended driver’s license. Ashlee Cody of Springfield was issued citations for allegedly driving while license suspended, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, and no valid registration on June 23rd.
- An officer initiated a stop on a vehicle for speeding on June 24th. During the stop it was discovered the driver had a suspended driver’s license and a warrant for her arrest out of Macon County for failure to appear. Alize Mayes of Decatur was issued citations for allegedly speeding, driving while license suspended, and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. Mayes was arrested and transported to the Sangamon County Jail for the warrant. The vehicle was left at the scene so the registered owner could pick up the vehicle.
- On June 25th, officers were dispatched to E. Mill Street in reference to a dog bite. When officers arrived on scene, they observed the dog bite a juvenile in the leg. Officers attempted to catch the dog but were unsuccessful. They followed the dog to Park Street where the dog bit another juvenile. The dog eventually was cornered in a fenced in area and the officers were able to get it on a leash. In total, the dog had bitten 4 different juveniles; each of them on a bicycle. Contact was made with the owner, who advised the dog has an issue with bicycles. She was able to provide proof of vaccination for the dog. Animal Control arrived on scene and took custody of the dog. The owner was given a Village Ordinance Citation and fined. A report was forwarded to the Sangamon County States Attorney’s office for review to determine if the dog will be labeled as a “vicious animal”.
Child Pornography – 1; Criminal Damage to Property – 1; Deceptive Practices – 1; Forgery – 1; Harassment by Telephone – 1; Identity Theft – 1; Sex Offenses: Other – 1; Theft Under $500 – 1; Violation of Orders of Protection – 2; Warrants – 2
Accident Investigations – 3; Illegal Parking – 1; No Registration – 2; Operating Uninsured Motor Vehicle – 6; Speeding – 9; Suspended / Revoked Drivers License – 8; Warnings Issued – 47
Calls for Service
Animal Bites – 1; Animal Related Calls – 15; Assist EMS Dept. / Other Governmental Agency – 15; Assist Fire Department – 15; Assist Other Police Agency – 19; Building / Business Checks – 15; Burglar Alarms – 9; Citizen Assists – 22; Civil Assists – 2; Death by Natural Causes – 1; Disturbance – 1; Domestic Trouble – 1; Lost or Recovered Articles – 1; Loud Noise Complaint – 3; Mental Cases – 1; Motorist Assists – 3; Nuisance Phone Calls – 1; Ordinance Violations – 3; Suspicious Person / Vehicle – 17; Vacation Watches – 34
Posted on July 14, 2018
by Janelle Shea